Welcome to the Viveve, Inc. (“Viveve”) web site at www.viveve.com (the “Site”). Viveve values your privacy and the privacy of our other customers and visitors of the Site (referred to individually as “User” and collectively as “Users”).
The Information Viveve Collects:
• User-provided Information: You may provide to Viveve what is generally called “personally identifiable” information (such as your name, email address, postal mailing address, home/mobile telephone number, fax number, credit card number and billing information) when using the Site. For example, if you use the Site to contact Viveve, we will ask for your email address so that we can respond to you. If you complete our contact page to receive promotional information, we will collect your name, email address, phone number, address and affiliation.
• “Cookies” Information: When you visit the Site, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer. Viveve may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Site. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings.
• “Automatically Collected” Information: When you visit the Site, we may automatically record certain information from your web browser by using different types of technology, including “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This “automatically collected” information may include Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), web browser type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after the Site, the pages you view on the Site, and the dates and times that you visit the Site.
The Way Viveve Uses Information:
• Viveve uses the information you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and information found on the Site. We will use your email address, without further consent, for administrative purposes, for customer service purposes, to address intellectual property infringement, rights of privacy, or defamation issues.
• Viveve uses all of the information that we collect to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our Users, to improve the way the Site works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
• Viveve may use “automatically collected” information and “cookies” information to: (a) remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Site; and (b) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed.
• Viveve will not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send promotional messages unless you have opted in or otherwise requested that Viveve contact you about the Viveve products and services or other information. For example, if you complete the form on the “Contact Us” page of the Site, Viveve may use your name, email address, phone number and address to provide you with marketing materials and promotional information regarding Viveve’s products.
When Viveve Discloses Information:
• Viveve does not share your personally identifiable information with other organizations for their marketing or promotional uses without your express consent.
• Viveve discloses automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information with interested third parties to assist such parties in understanding the usage, viewing, and demographic patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Site.
• Viveve works with some authorized service providers to provide website hosting and maintenance as well as other services for us. Viveve requires these services providers to safeguard personally identifiable information you provide to us. To the extent it is necessary for these services providers to complete their contractual obligations to Viveve; these third parties may have access to or process your personally identifiable information. Viveve generally limits their use of your personally identifiable information to the purpose for which it was shared.
• Viveve may also disclose User information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws or respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant. In some cases, we may make such disclosures without first providing notice to Users.
• Viveve also reserves the right to disclose User information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; protect Viveve from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Site; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Viveve, our Users, or others.
You may, of course, decline to share your personally-identifiable information with Viveve, in which case Viveve will not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on the Site.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy:
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Viveve does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information on Site from persons under 18 years-of-age, and no part of Site is directed to persons under 18. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE SITE AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER. If Viveve learns that personally-identifiable information of persons less than 18-years-of-age has been collected by Viveve without verifiable parental consent, then Viveve will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
Our Commitment to Data Security:
Viveve uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Viveve, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, Viveve makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If Viveve learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Viveve may post a notice on the Site if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us at.
Personally identifiable information collected on the Site may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Viveve or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities, and by using the Site you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
Links to Other Web Sites
In the Event of Merger or Sale:
In the event that Viveve is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
Effective Date, Date Last Modified:
Viveve Contact Information: